Here is brief list of the functionality currently available from the CVIPtools GUI:
- Edge/Line detection and edge linking - Kirsch, pyramid, Sobel, Prewitt,
Roberts, Laplacian, Frei-Chen, Hough transform.
- Image segmentation - fuzzyc mean, histogram thresholding,
median-cut, principal components transform/median cut,
spherical coordinate transform/center split, gray level quantization,
split and merge.
- Morphological filters - binary iterative morphology, gray-scale and
color erosion, dilation, opening, and closing.
- Two-dimensional fast transforms - Fourier (FFT), cosine (DCT),
Haar, Walsh, Hadamard, wavelet transforms.
- Frequency domain filters - highpass, lowpass, bandpass, bandreject,
high frequency emphasis, and notch.
- Feature extraction - binary, RST-invariant, histogram, spectral
and texture object features.
- Spatial domain image restoration - order filters, mean filters,
adaptive filters. Filters included: median, adaptive median, minimum,
midpoint, maximum, alpha-trimmed mean, arithmetic, geometric, harmonic,
contra-harmonic, Yp-mean, minimum-mean-square-error, adaptive contrast.
- Frequency domain image restoration filters - inverse, geometric mean,
power spectrum equalization, constrained least squares, classic Wiener,
parametric Wiener, practical Wiener. User specified degradation function and noise functions.
- Noise functions - negative exponential, rayleigh, gaussian,
gamma, salt and pepper noise functions.
- Geometry transformation - user specified mesh. Nearest neighbor,
bilinear and average interpolation.
- Histogram-based image enhancement - histogram equalization,
histogram slide, histogram shrink/stretch, local equalization,
histogram hyperbolization, histogram specification, adaptive contrast
filters (standard, logarithmic, exponential), gray-scale piecewise linear
- Pseudo-color enhancement - frequency domain mapping, gray level
mapping, intensity slicing.
- Spatial and frequency domain image smoothing and sharpening.
- Image compression algorithms - bitplane run-length-coding,
Huffman encoding, zonal coding, threshold coding, Ziv-Lempel, JPEG,
differential predictive coding, block truncation coding,
dynamic window-based run-length-coding, vector quantization, fractal,
wavelet vector quantization.
- Support for common image formats - Sun Raster, IRIX, GIF, TIFF, JPEG,
PPM, PGM, PBM, EPS, ITEX, and others.
- Image geometry operations - copy-paste, translate, resize, rotate,
- Utilities for arithmetic and logic operations, image file conversion,
simple image creation, image enhancement, filters, signal-to-noise ratio,
root-mean-square error, adding noise, color space conversion, image
object labeling, creating and extracting bands from multi-band images,
viewing phase-only images from FFT data, image statistics, halftone
conversion (6 types).
- On-line help pages.
- A built-in X11 image viewer.
- A built-in Tcl image viewer.