exp_ace_filter_cvip() - performs an exponential ACE filter.
new_image = exp_ace_filter_cvip( imageP,W, k1,k2)
Input Parameters include :
- imageP - Input image can be gray image or rgb image of MxN size.
- W - Filter block size.
- k1 - Local gain factor exponent.
- k2 - Local mean factor exponent.
Output Parameters include:
- new_image - The output image after filtering.
Exponential ACE filter is a slight variation of the Adaptive contrast enhancement filter. The function filters the input image on a block-by-block basis depending on the filter block size specified by the user and uses exponential factors to perform adaptice contrast enhancement on different parts of the image. As the local mean factor is increased, more of the original image is retained and no postprocessing is applied.
1. Scott E Umbaugh. DIGITAL IMAGE PROCESSING AND ANALYSIS: Applications with MATLAB and CVIPtools, 3rd Edition.
% Read image image1 = imread('kuw.png'); % Filter block size W1 = 11; % Local gain factor exponent k1 = .8; % Local mean factor component k2 = 0.5; % Call function new_image1 = exp_ace_filter_cvip( image1,W1, k1,k2); % Display input image figure;imshow(image1);title('Input Image1'); % Display output image figure; imshow(remap_cvip(new_image1));title('Output Image1');