ace2_filter_cvip() - adaptive contrast and enhancement filter.
new_image = ace2_filter_cvip( imageP,W, k1,k2)
Input Parameters include :
- imageP - Input image can be gray image or rgb image of MxN size.
- W - Filter block size.
- k1 - Local gain factor constant, between 0 and 1.
- k2 - Local mean factor, between 0 and 1.
Output Parameter include :
- new_image - The output image after filtering.
This function enhances the contrast of the input image imageP with ace2 method.This method scans the whole image with a window of size W.This variable should be an odd integer between 3-11.Local gain factor and the local mean factor are also given as inputs k1 and k2. This is a simplified variation of ACE filter and is less computationally intensive than original ACE filter.It is a spatial-domain method for contrast and dynamic range modifications with less limitation on linear contrast stretching.
1. Scott E Umbaugh. DIGITAL IMAGE PROCESSING AND ANALYSIS: Applications with MATLAB and CVIPtools, 3rd Edition.
% Read image imageP = imread('kuw.png'); % Filter block size W = 11; % Local gain factor k1 = .8; % Local mean factor k2 = 0.5; % Calling function new_image = ace2_filter_cvip( imageP,W, k1,k2); % Display input image figure;imshow(imageP);title('Input Image'); % Display output image figure; imshow(new_image/255);title('Output Image');